Thursday, July 11, 2024

Our elections

Whenever I challenge the conventional notion in Black America that the defeat of Trump is the only option available to Black Americans I get heavy and heated pushback. I have opined in numerous venues that can be achieved without Biden . 

White  Americans like Trump number in the millions in America knowing this reality alters many aspects of being Black in America the least of which is Trump as POTUS.

The most destructive interactions our communities encounter are not from Whites like Trump, they are from Black folks , therefore what is more significant is not the politics of a President in America.

Biden nor Trump have /will not changed the dynamics between Black folks at all in our interactions. I opine that should be our most critical and crucial focus going forward in America, not this  4 year anniversary of the useless historical equation which has Black folks always selecting the lesser of evils especially when evil still remains in our communities. 

I am certainly not voting for Trump and I look forward to voting for Harris or other Democratic candidates but my real time focus is certainly not on the who the next POTUS  but the elective choices in our communities.


BLM

No comments: