The staff of Plane Ideas has created the following themes which should be a foundation of The New Era of Policing in America
1. Staffing Police Departments with former criminals as police officers. Inserting a social and mental health case worker in police cars on all police calls and patrols.
2. Offering financial incentives for residents to maintain safe venues. Paying a stipend to certain ex-felons to not engage in crime. Providing reduced tax rates and tax deductions for crime free venues.
3. Creating a user friendly 'informant' protocols which assist the police in prevention, safety and security objectives. Creation of Neighborhood Public Safe Harbors staffed with conflict resolution professionals.
4. Providing the community with smart phone apps, links, websites on crime data, research and resources.
5.Advocating for early release of non violent criminals and cleansing of all criminal records of non-violent juveniles under the jurisdiction of municipal courts
6. Constructing interactive police misconduct commissions with community and police participation with the authority to assign independent counsel/lawyers/retired judges not affiliated with the government to conduct/investigate/prosecute / administrate tribunals/hearings on the deaths of unarmed citizens by police officers in their exercise of lethal force while 'under the color of the law'.
7.Support for Ban the Box Movement
8.Creation of Arrest Free Zones for Designated Social Behavior
10. Crime and Justice related curriculum in Middle School and High School including on site visits to jails, prisons and morgues
11. Uniform Collective Bargaining Agreements which incorporate incentives that reward the police for reporting 'bad cops' to data collection of complaints, lawsuits, indemnity provisions against police officers, managers, union officials for any settlement and awards against the city or conduct which creates civil liability and damages against their employers .
12. Police Disarmament in selected venues where the police are not permitted to carry their firearms