Monday, December 12, 2022

My Favorite Things/Stories for Christmas

 Every year I receive requests to post my favourite holiday stories here they are for the 2022 Holiday Season


When I was about 9 or 10 my father worked as a janitor in a small metal shop in the Detroit suburbs for the Xmas holiday ,his boss invited the employees to bring their kids to work to celebrate Christmas  


My brother and I followed my dad to his work area and in route We encountered his boss , who instructed my dad in our presence to come clean his office and take out the trash!!!!! .. 


He deliberately tried to diminish my dad in front of me and my brother!! It hurt so much to observe the facial expression of my dad 😞…I have never forgot that moment… I also never forgot my brother’s reaction as well , He shouted out come on Greg let’s go help Dad clean the office and take out the trash!! We cleaned the shit out of that office with my Dad not lifting a finger…..


My brother in a slit second slayed the dragon and the attempt by my dad’s boss to belittle and diminish my dad in our presence!!! My Dad never worked another day at the shop:-)


I love my brother so much even more today❤️


Greg/BLM


My other Christmas tale…


Years ago living in California I had a very close friend who was gay and in the closet....I told him no need to hide or be different around me and with me ... 


We became real close over the years he developed lung cancer which he told me about a few years before he passed.


One day he ask me if he could wear a shirt of mine, I thought it was because he was out of clean shirts:-). He confided with me that he loved my passion, energy and love for life and he wanted to wear something of mine to feel like me and live in my aura 


Often I would come by his house and he would have the shirt on and his friends would remark how happy he was and his spirits were up when he wore that shirt ... He would wink at me and I knew why and I luv it 


When he passed his family was cleaning his house  and found the shirt wrapped in a Christmas blanket in a separate drawer. Curtis mom reached out to me and wanted me to take back my shirt. 


I told him about the history of the shirt and they cremated my shirt with him during the Christmas holidays 


To be loved is the greatest Christmas gift one can ever received 


Peace 


Greg/BLM


Today was so wonderful.. 


I am retired and I substitute teach twice a week in my class is a teenager that is blind and he uses a spectacular brail laptop. 


Today some young students were doing a class assignment and wondered why he was getting all the answers right. I told them let’s ask him ( like my students I was afraid to say the wrong awkward question or make a stupid inquiry)


So I said out loud ‘Mike could you tell me how your laptop works ? The entire class became silent and Mike then grabbed his cane and laptop and put it on a desk in the middle of the classroom, he then explained how it worked all of us were spellbound and glued to every word that he uttered!


After he finished I said outloud I was afraid to ask you how your laptop worked because I was ashamed of myself for not knowing and asking questions that would offend you 


Mike said Mr. T .... I been waiting all year for people to talk to me and ask  me questions, I get so lonely thinking no one wants to be my friend because I am blind .


When he said that the whole classroom went over to him and hugged him. I wanted to cry 


When class was over he waited to everyone left and he told me he loved me


I cried and we hugged each together:-)


Greg

No comments: