Thursday, May 4, 2023

Crime Hysteria in America

 For Consideration: Crime Hysteria in America 

Yep me the ultimate data driven anti crime cynic almost caught this nasty bug this week . I started to develop a ‘crime is everywhere’ paranoia the good thing about this I was dreaming waking up from a late day nap

My TV was watching me while every cable network in America was marketing for eyeballs the latest shootings in America . In my fog of my noon nap I just kept reminding myself that the overwhelming majority of Americans are not criminals nor will ever experience a personal crime incident 

Homicide is extremely rare most victims of all violent crimes know their assailants, stranger danger is very rare . I do know that the grape vine rumor mill operates in every zip code in America which also contributes to this crime hysteria 

So why do I feel like this crime hysteria fever is about to get me ? Perhaps it is the endless media loops about incidents of crime or our disconnect with each other has created this environment of fear, anxiety and paranoia?

What can I take to get rid of this crime hysteria fever? There has to be something in my house that will fix this ..


Greg/BLM


No comments: