Tuesday, March 8, 2022

MIA in Ukraine

 MIA in Ukraine


I grew up in the inner city with sirens of violence that polluted the air…The stench of gun smoke was not far from my castle built on rent payments and where occupants fed on food stamps and hymns of love…

I have observed men and woman without the costumes of authority nor baked in impotent licenses,  hollow titles and credentials bring to an end carnage on my street... I am a living witness to these soliders of peace  equipped to disarm, disable and end violence …

There were no reporters , holographic themes of heroes and heroines… What I witnessed was the end of violence and grievance on the souls of dead Black Folks without wounded people and dead carcasses on the streets where I was born….

I am bringing up this history of mine because it is applicable now …None of these non violent apostles are present in the negotiations with Ukraine and Russia…
Empty suits stuffed with the titles of ambassadors and emissaries  none are architects of peace , the most important skill one must have on a mission to bring peace …

Where are those skilled in the chemistry of peace when these negotiations take place, How can a nation send missionaries to negotiate that are not skilled in the dance and art of peace?

I know where they are ….Many are sealed in coffins ignored by the recognition of history.. Many too have left words of wisdom to silence horrific sounds of war … 

They are here … Waiting for duty… .. So am I ……

No comments: