Friday, January 26, 2024

College Memory

 When I was in college @ MSU , I was having a rough day and while I was walking back to my apartment from the window of a dorm a bunch of White students yelled from the window.     


                   ‘Nigger U don’t belong here’


There was no DOE investigation on campus about racism a towards Black students.. No TV commercials about racism on college campuses towards Black students 


I was not White, Jewish, Privileged nor did I have a foreign nation ( Israel) and its lobbyists and wealthy patrons to pressure MSU or the DOE.


I had to rely on all the wisdom my parents taught me and all of the streets of Detroit to inform me on how to respond to this racist shit!


I went all in , I ran into the dorm and I tried to knock the hinges off that room’s door.. I yell in my loudest voice these MF crackers called me a GD Nigger!!


That night and literally for a month every day , I sent pizzas, room complaints, fire alarm alerts to that dorm room 


Finally I called the students in the room ( back then all students phones were published). .. Every student in that room begged me to stop and I got every apology ever created in the world!!!!


Today, when I lecture or write about how to address racism that is personal, I tell this tale and I counsel to my audience never ever turn away from hate wherever/whenever it enters your life 


Of course I graduated with Cum Laude Honors


Greg/BLM

No comments: